Since the beginning of 2020, most of us have been avoiding our regular visits to our dentist due to the scare of COVID.
It is very important for us to understand that there is a strong relationship between the oral cavity and systemic health, thus good oral hygiene is a marker for good overall health. One place for the dental needs of your entire family. Visit The Dental Roots for a full family dental care consultation!
Let us take a few basic and easy steps at home in order to maintain our oral health during this pandemic!
- Brush twice daily and floss (waxed floss) in between your teeth.
- Use alcohol-free based mouthwash.
- Change your toothbrush at least once in three months or after falling sick.
- Avoid tobacco intake.
- Make sure you do warm saline rinses/ mouthwash after returning home.
- Have a clean and well-balanced diet with lots of fruits and vegetables.
- Avoid intermittent snacking and sweets as it leads to undetected caries.
- Do not reuse old/soiled masks.
Keeping the oral cavity free from bacteria is of utmost importance during the pandemic. Prevention is always better and definitely cheaper than cure. The slogan ``wash your hands and brush your teeth can be a little modified to ‘wash your hands, brush twice and wear a mask’!